What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

View Unprocessed mail

Votes:

We have a help desk mail database (office 365) that processes email from the inbox to the help desk system. I want to set up a sensor to watch the inbox to notify a distribution group if an email is stuck in the inbox.

I successfully setup the IMAP sensor to Office 365 and it seems to be working. I have it set to count emails in the inbox. However, where do I set up the threshold to notify if 1 email is present in the inbox for 10 minutes?

configure-imap-sensor-in-prtg imap imap-sensor

Created on Jun 30, 2020 6:38:03 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

You can create a new notification trigger for the IMAP sensor. Click on the Notification Trigger tab and add a new Threshold Trigger. This allows you to check how long the number of emails exceeds a certain threshold.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Jul 1, 2020 6:15:26 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.