What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Powershell - Update wmi disk sensor limits

Votes:

Hello,

I want to update all wmi disk sensor limits (+- 500 sensors). I want to remove the Size limit check for all disks. On the sensor, not on the channels (this is already done). I thought i could do this via powershell, but I don't find the correct variable. By doing get-sensor i don't get all variables.

For a channelproperty i've used Set-ChannelProperty LimitsEnabled "False" Is this possible for a sensor?

disk-free powershell prtg wmi-sensors

Created on Jul 4, 2020 8:55:37 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Did you already tried to change the settings via the multi-edit feature from PRTG? Therefore, you should navigate to "Sensors > By Type > W.. > WMI Disk Sensor). Then you can select all sensors and with the wrench symbol in the right blue panel you can set each option, which is the same for each selected Sensor. Since you selected only the same type of Sensor, this should work.

Created on Jul 6, 2020 9:33:35 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi thanks for your quick reply. Yes i tried that already. As soon as i select two or more sensors and do multiple edit the option for 'Size limit check' disappears. However, the 'Percentage limit check' I can change for a multiple selection edit for all 400+ sensors.

Created on Jul 6, 2020 10:00:16 AM

Votes:

Unfortunately, this certain settings is not adjustable via the multi edit. Therefore, you can try to use this third-party API: https://github.com/lordmilko/PrtgAPI

This API contains more options to manipulate objects. However, we cannot support this API, since it's from a third party. Therefore, I cannot provide a certain command.

Created on Jul 6, 2020 10:32:37 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yeah, that was what i was thinking about. But when doing a 'Get-Sensor -Id xxxxx| Get-ObjectProperty' i does not give me those objectproperties ... :(

Created on Jul 6, 2020 10:49:29 AM

Votes:

I checked the setting via the browser developer tools and noticed the setting is called "limitbytes_" (with underscore). Please try to access the setting via this name.

Created on Jul 6, 2020 6:28:46 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

thx this worked

Created on Jul 8, 2020 12:19:32 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.