What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to Monitor Free Disk Space on Ubuntu Linux

Votes:

Hello,

can anybody please help me how to Setup a Sensor under Ubuntu and what I have to choose under PRTG to get this working?

free-disk-space setup ubuntu

Created on Jul 7, 2020 6:28:48 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello, I´ve checked the Settings of the snmpd.conf file but I Always get an Error, when I want to add the Sensor in PRTG. I´m using the Sensor SNMP Datenträgerspeicher (in German)

The error Message which i get is: No Response (check Firewalls etc.)

Created on Jul 7, 2020 8:50:04 AM

Votes:

This can have different reasons, for instance:

• The target host is not reachable from the (remote-) probe on which the sensor will be added. The fastest check is to add a Ping Sensor to the device in PRTG to see if this works properly (if ICMP packets are accepted by the target device).
  • Please double check the community string which is configured in the settings of the device in PRTG below the "Credentials for SNMP Devices" option and that this community string matches with the string configured in the device itself. Please consider that the community string is case sensitive.
  • Some devices need an "accepted host configuration" which means, that only particular devices are allowed to access the information via SNMP. Ensure that the address of the (remote-) probe is listed correctly in this table.
  • If there are any firewalls in between PRTG and the target device, please confirm that the involved firewalls do not block the SNMP traffic. By default, SNMP requires the use of UDP port 161.

Created on Jul 7, 2020 9:33:46 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you. I am getting now an answer. But now have to choose some links. Can you please describe what I have to choose. I´d like monitor the free disk space of the whole drive.

/ /run /dev/shm /run/lock /sys/fs/cgroup /run/user/1000

Created on Jul 7, 2020 10:21:12 AM

Votes:

I'm sorry, we have no information about this, since we don't offer configuration support. Please check the links in my first reply to know which native Sensors are possible to use.

Created on Jul 7, 2020 11:57:55 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.