What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

network monitor(physical network) on azure or aws

Votes:

Would like to use PRTG to monitor my physical network(access points, switches, some server in my office) but would like PRTG to be installed on my AWS or azure servers. Is this possible? how can I achieve this?

aws azure monitoring

Created on Jul 8, 2020 7:40:37 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You can install your PRTG instance in cloud (e.g. AWS or Azure). However, we don't have any specific guide for such installations. It is important that the server has a supported Windows version and that the server is compliant with general system requirements: https://www.paessler.com/prtg/requirements

In this scenario, you can install a remote probe in your local network - the probe will collect monitoring data from that network and send them to the PRTG core server in cloud. For more information about remote probes, please have a look at this page: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/remote_probes_and_multiple_probes

Best regards

Created on Jul 9, 2020 11:35:21 AM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 9, 2020 11:36:25 AM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks You. I did this(installed the core on azure and installed a probe in my PC). But now I cant seem to access the web gui from the probe using the DNS name. any suggestions?

Created on Jul 9, 2020 11:47:25 AM

Votes:

Could you please clarify - from your local network you are not able to reach the web interface of your PRTG core server using DNS name, right? Are you able to reach it using the IP address?

Created on Jul 10, 2020 10:09:38 AM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.