What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Rotating Background Image

Votes:

Is there a way to change the background image of a map using a script? I tried renaming the file used but it doesnt affect the map displayed. Maybe there is some fancy user defined html, css or js code I could use for this purpose? Thanks for helping out.

background images map

Created on Jul 9, 2020 3:43:42 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Roli,

What kind of background are you trying to show? Have you considered creating different maps with these backgrounds, and using the PRTG Map Rotation feature?

You can do this by clicking on Maps in the PRTG web UI, and checking the box on the right side of maps you want to use. Then there will be a new context menu available with an option for Map Rotation. This will open a new tab with the URL for a map rotation. The maps will rotate at the refresh intervals.

This seems to me to be a much easier way to shift backgrounds on the same information.

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Jul 9, 2020 11:33:25 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Genial, danke! This is awesome, I didn't know this would exist.

Created on Jul 10, 2020 8:17:27 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.