What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Missing Temperature Sensors on Cisco ASA 5506-X

Votes:

The "SNMP Cisco System Health" sensor does not appear to be properly setup to pull temperature data from Cisco ASAs. We are using (primarily) Cisco ASA 5506-x in our branch firewalls and PRTG is not showing temperature data from any of our units.

Other SNMP monitoring systems I've tested (Solarwinds and LibreNMS) are capturing and displaying this data successfully so I know the data is available through SNMP.

Is there anyway to PRTG to access and display this data as well? Currently, the "SNMP Cisco System Health" sensor appears to only be able to read CPU and Memory utilization statistics.

asa snmp-cisco-system-health temperature-sensor

Created on Jul 19, 2020 3:38:24 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

I will open a Support Ticket for further analysis. First we need to check what exactly the device is reporting back. Sometimes adding the sensor anew might already help.

You'll get a mail shortly with further details.

Kind regards,
Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

[email protected]

Created on Jul 20, 2020 11:47:17 AM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.