What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Finding Probe Access Key

Votes:

Dear Support Team,
Hello,
I have edited my PRTG architecture (Core and Probes layout) several times, and therefore i forced to change my probe's servers during these changes. So, i have many access keys in my core server now.
How can i find out which access key is related to which probe to remove the old ones?
Thanks a lot.

access-keys core-probe-connection remote-probe

Created on Jul 26, 2020 7:21:00 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi Hossein,

Thank you very much for your question.

A Probe Access Key can be any alphanumeric string you like. As there is no possibility of comparing the Access Keys on Remote Probe side, I usually suggest to generate new ones in case you like it clean and tidy.

Please navigate to Setup | System Administration | Core & Probes and define as many new Access Keys as there are Remote Probes.
Afterwards, copy each line into the PRTG Administration Tool of each unique Remote Probe to apply them.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Jul 27, 2020 7:56:54 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you very much.
It was great.

Created on Jul 27, 2020 9:33:33 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.