What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP error message

Votes:

Hello Dears,

Iam facing issue with SNMP monitoring in my PRTG system the first problem i have Mikrotik router with the last version i set SNMP in router and integrated it with my PRTG system since months and it is work fine but it stopped since two days while the same SNMP using in other routers still working I tried to delet the old configuration and set it again but unfortunately the problem still exist , Please i need your advice and help here.

Error as below:

No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (SNMP error # -2003)

Best regard...

snmp-error#2003 snmp-sensor

Created on Jul 26, 2020 1:50:21 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

This error message indicates that there is an issue in the communication between the target device and the probe device. Please check your firewall settings and check if the community string has been changed.

Created on Jul 27, 2020 8:29:25 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Dears,

I checked and the device can be reachable from PRTG server and community is right but still same error

Created on Jul 28, 2020 2:02:45 PM

Votes:

Hi Dears,

I checked and I found that the there is reachability between my PRTG server and the device and community right in both PRTG abd device .

Note : I tried to use Public community and still same issue.

Created on Jul 28, 2020 6:15:06 PM

Votes:

Hi,

Did you also check if you enabled SNMP in your firewall?

Created on Jul 29, 2020 5:09:27 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.