What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

64 bit probe

Votes:

Since Windows has been default 64bit for a while and PRTG using PowerShellx86 for executing the EXEXML-scripts this causes problems when using certain PowerShell modules like failoverclusters when monitoring the witness-state of a SQL HA-cluster.

Now I have to use unsupported third-party applications like PSx64.exe from PRTG family, or I have to trick around is using command-blocks. This adds extra complexity and opportunities for failure.

Could you please add the possibility to switch the probe to use the 64-bit version of PowerShell for running EXEXML scripts?

improve-prtg probe prtg-kbtracker

Created on Jul 28, 2020 10:14:33 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

I currently struggle as well, not for the first time. Using StorageQoS Powershell and CIM sessions. With a normal x64 PowerShell it takes a second to execute and get a result. No matter which option for 32-to-64 I tried, the script takes at least x3-5 longer and the probe needs more CPU. @Paessler: Come on guys, it's 2023 - switch the probe to x64 as well please.

Created on Aug 16, 2023 10:15:38 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.