What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Using the PRTG API across subdomains

Votes:

I have a computer with prtg running on subdomain1.domain.com and a web server running on subdomain2.domain.com which has a page with javascript that I am trying to get an ajax request to get sensor details via the PRTG API.

When I do this I get the CORS error to say that its from another domain. So I followed the instructions at https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/65707-using-the-api-getting-cors-errors but I still get the error. Even restarted the computer after adding the registry key (and the key is set to the value that is in the CORS error in the chrome console, so I know it is correct). Why is PRTG not picking up this change?

api cors prtg

Created on Jul 30, 2020 7:16:47 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Just to confirm, you've added this key to the PRTG server, correct?

Which version of PRTG are you running?

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Jul 30, 2020 4:14:02 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

That is correct, I am putting the key into the windows (Windows 10) registry of the computer that is running the PRTG server. I then went into services (in windows) and restarted the PRTG core server service, when that didn't work I rebooted to make sure.

I am running version 20.3.60.1623+ of PRTG.

Created on Jul 30, 2020 10:33:39 PM

Votes:

Let me check with the developer who posted the original post to make sure that method is still valid for the version of PRTG you're running.

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Jul 31, 2020 4:54:52 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.