What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor Interfaces from a Juniper EX3200 with PRTG

Votes:

Is it possible to monitor interface properties like the admin state, the operational state, the inbound and outbound errors and the alias from a Juniper EX3200 with PRTG? I know that it is possible to use the custom SNMP table sensor to get the different values. But I want to combine all the different values in one sensor, including the use of lookup files. As far as I know, this is not possible.

custom-lookup custom-sensor juniper lookups prtg snmp snmp-sensor

Created on Aug 4, 2020 9:19:03 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid there's no native sensor for this use case, so you would need to use custom snmp sensors. Are these values in the same table? If so, you can define up to 10 different channels using the SNMP Custom Table Sensor

Created on Aug 5, 2020 7:18:45 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Timo,

No. Unfortunately the values are not in the same table. That is the big problem. I tried to use two SNMP Custom Table Sensors, that I combined in one Factory Sensor. But the Factory Sensor is not able to use lookup files, so that I can convert the numbers from the device into text. I also tried the SNMP Custom Sensor which just uses OIDs. But here I have the problem, that the OIDs lead to multiple results, which cannot be processed. Do you see any way to solve this problem?

Created on Aug 5, 2020 8:31:36 AM

Votes:

No, I'm afraid in this case there's no other option than to use multiple sensors :(

Created on Aug 6, 2020 6:28:10 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Timo,

ok. Then I have to take multiple sensors. However, I really want to thank you for the help.

Created on Aug 7, 2020 6:25:05 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.