What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Access Violation PRTG Probe.exe

Votes:

When I try to add the "SNMP APC Hardware" sensor, I receive the following error:

Sorry, the scan for available monitoring items has failed!

Could not create the SNMP Library sensor on device frx-ups-office-01 (frx-ups-office-01.ad.richland.org).

Access violation at address 004092E4 in module 'PRTG Probe.exe'. Read of address 000A8CE5

Not sure where to go from here...

access-violation apc probe

Created on Aug 4, 2020 3:22:30 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

I *think* this may be related to DNS not being able to resolve the hostname at the time the sensor was being added as it did work after a while.

Still don't think the probe should crash in this instance, but looks like my problem is resolved.

Created on Aug 5, 2020 2:20:01 PM

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your KB-posts.

If you experience any further issues, especially with access violations, please open a ticket to us (https://www.paessler.com/support/contact/techsupport ) and send us log files from your PRTG for analysis.

Best regards

Created on Aug 6, 2020 11:26:45 AM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.