What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Pass values from other sensors to the parameter field in the script sensor

Votes:

Is it possible, that I can get the values from other sensors to the parameter filed in the script sensor (PowerShell)? Through this, I try to pass the values from other sensors to the PowerShell script, that should work with these values.

custom-sensor parameters powershell prtg script

Created on Aug 6, 2020 7:54:31 AM

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi there,

You can use the PRTG API to extract values from certain Sensors. For example this API call extracts the values of the Core Health Sensor in JSON:

/api/table.json?content=values&output=json&columns=datetime,value_,coverage&id=1001&noraw=1&usecaption=true

Created on Aug 6, 2020 2:41:22 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Moritz,

is it also possible to use the PRTG API for getting values from a Sensor into a lookup file? I am trying to create a lookup file that is dependent to the values of two channels. So I want to construct an if-else-structure based on multiple values, that are not just from the channel that is actively using the lookup file.

Created on Aug 10, 2020 9:00:15 AM

Votes:

No this is not possible since lookup files are static files. If you want to cover a range of values, you can use the "range" parameter in your lookup file.

Created on Aug 10, 2020 9:06:55 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Moritz,

thank you for the two replies. They really helped me finding a solution for my primary problem.

Created on Aug 25, 2020 12:33:24 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.