What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Setting up APC NetBotz 250

Votes:

Hi, I am new to PRTG and using the trial - I've setup the majority of devices on our network but I am having trouble with our APC NetBotz 250. It doesn't appear to be included in any of the sensor libraries included with PRTG, although APC UPS ones are which is good.

I've followed some online tutorials to download the APC PowerNET MIB, however using the importer tool it is showing 5170 OIDs and none of them have any identification that allow me to choose the right one for the NetBotz.

Any ideas please, or is there a simpler way to do this? I just need to add sensors for the temperatures/humidity probes which are attached to the NetBotz. I thought as NetBotz was one of the most popular environment monitoring products that it would have the libraries included with PRTG.

Thanks.

apc-hardware netbotz snmp

Created on Aug 11, 2020 8:50:45 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Richard,

with the vast range of different network capable devices, PRTG can only monitor so many of them out of the box.

If the MIBs are not clear about which OIDs denote the metrics you are looking for, please contact the vendor for further documentation about the OIDs.

Direct OID usage is possible with sensors like SNMP Custom Advanced.

Created on Aug 12, 2020 12:23:26 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.