What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor Xerox printer

Votes:

Hi, I've just trye to add a xerox versalink printer into prtg. I'll choose the generic printer in the automatic discover mode and my printer information are ok. I just have a little trouble when we have change the toner. On the snmp print sensor a new line is created with the reference and the serial of the new toner. We just want a unique line for each toner and don't want a new line. Is this possible ?

printer snmp xerox

Created on Aug 13, 2020 12:24:14 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

Currently it is not possible to have a unique channel for the toner as every toner has it's own serial number. The serial number is the root cause why PRTG must create a new channel/line.

Created on Aug 14, 2020 8:24:08 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Can't we just use the reference without the serial number to identify the toner ?

Created on Aug 14, 2020 8:25:42 AM

Votes:

Hi,

Unfortunately not, as the serial number is mandatory.

Created on Aug 14, 2020 9:37:16 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.