What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Error message for ping sensors

Votes:

Can I set up error messages on the ping sensors down notification, without setting up threshold/limits on the channels ?

error-messages notifications ping-sensor

Created on Aug 14, 2020 7:46:54 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

The only way to set the ping Sensor into the "Down" state without limits it due to an error like "Host is not reachable" or via the "Simulated Error" status.

Created on Aug 17, 2020 9:27:17 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I would like to add an error message when the sensor goes down due to "host is not reachable" scenario. For example-"Please contact XXX via email/phone at 123456789".

Is there a way to attach this error message to the ping sensors that display on the down alert notification ?

Created on Aug 18, 2020 1:49:46 PM

Votes:

Hello there,

I'm afraid, this is not possible here.

You could use the Comments tab to store some information there. This is also added to the default mail notifications.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Aug 18, 2020 3:58:33 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.