What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

advanced custom snmp formatted ip address

Votes:

Dear, I am using the advanced custom snmp sensor and I am not able to bring the information of a formatted ip, I would like to know which option should I use so that the ip comes correct.

I don't know which unit to use.

https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/snmp_custom_advanced_sensor

oid prtg snmpcustomstringsensor

Created on Aug 28, 2020 1:59:55 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

PRTG just stores numerical values. What you can do is to use the SNMP Custom String Sensor to display the IP address in the message field of PRTG.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Aug 31, 2020 5:28:42 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

But I need to add other OIDs, this sensor only allowed me to add just 1 OID.

Created on Aug 31, 2020 2:45:36 PM

Votes:

Hello there,

The string sensor indeed just supports one OID and the sensor message also provides information of one OID. Anything else would need to be handled in a custom sensor. Maybe with a tool using the NETSNMP executable.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Sep 1, 2020 4:09:36 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.