What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Siwtching interface language results in mixed langauges

Votes:

I downloaded and installed the latest version in German. Since the KB, blogs, etc all seem to be in English I figured it would better if the interface was in English as well so it would be easier to find things when looking at the doc. After switching the language and restarting, some things are in German, some are English and some are mixed:

Warning by lookup value 'No' in channel 'Vertrauenswürdige Stammzertifizierungsstelle'

I have cleared the cache and used a different language, but I still have both languages. From my perspective this is a huge bug.

Is there anyway to configure the system so that language is user dependent? We have customers in several European countries and would like the interface in their respective language or English if there's is not available.

interface language prtg

Created on Sep 1, 2020 7:49:33 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

Changing the language will only affect the GUI of PRTG. Created sensors or channels will not be translated, since the name of channels and sensors could be defined individually. Translating these names will lead to errors.

Individual language for different users is not possible. For this there is a feature request. You can upvote if you are interested in multiple languages in PRTG.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Sep 2, 2020 7:01:27 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

That make sense if the sensors are created before the language is switched.

Created on Sep 2, 2020 12:11:32 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.