What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

beginner wondering

Votes:

Hi,

I am still new (before setting up and registration),

I am a private user, with a LIMITED ALLOWANCE internet connection @ home with 2 kids. my internet package is 35GB per month (up and dwn) total.

(appart iPhones and Androids) I am running mainly Internet via Ethernet cable on PC and Mac from Home, and I am looking for a software that can calculate the amount of data used by each computer, and this software should be capable to cut-off automatically the internet feed if it reach a data consomption above 1Giga per day.

then I can un-bock the computer allowance, using my APP from iPhone.

similar system you will find in parental control if you do not want your kid to play LESS than 1h per day.

but in my case, it's per GB and per Day, that I need to apply limitation.

is PRTG capable of this ? will it be complicate to create this unique rule ?

thanks for your assistance,

best of luck for this Forum of well trained people.

Tuch.

internet limitation notifications

Created on Sep 11, 2020 12:10:38 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

PRTG can monitor the traffic if the router responds to standard SNMP queries. But PRTG cannot cut the connection, or otherwise limit the traffic.

Created on Sep 14, 2020 12:50:18 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 14, 2020 12:50:41 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.