What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

API setobjectproperty modify icon

Votes:

Hi,

How its possible to modify the icon of an object ? for exemple a device has a cisco logo and i would like change this to meraki logo

I use this request :

/api/setobjectproperty.htm?id=obj_id&name=icon&value=icon_name

my icon_name is formated like 'an_image.png'

Thanks for your help. Th1b0plz.

api device-icon prtg setobjectproperty

Created on Sep 11, 2020 3:01:09 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

To modify the icon of a device via the API of PRTG, you can use the following API call: http(s)://{PRTGServer}/api/setobjectproperty.htm?id={DeviceID}&name=deviceicon&value={ImageName}&username={Username}&passhash={Passhash}

Please, change the "variables" in the request according to your configuration.

You can find the name of the pictures available by default in PRTG under C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\icons\devices.

You can also find the name by using the Inspect menu (F12) of your browser under the "Settings" tab of the device: https://imgur.com/a/ZhNHZXb

If you want to add more icons, please use the same folder.

Kind regards.

Created on Sep 14, 2020 10:00:28 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 14, 2020 10:04:16 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Florian,

Thanks for your help.

its works !

Created on Sep 14, 2020 10:23:26 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.