What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Using PRTG to monitor Power

Votes:

Hi, First of all, I am neither an IT engineer nor a network engineer. I work for a telecommunications company and in charge of the power systems behind all Telco and IT equipment. Our company is presently using PRTG to monitor all routers, servers, switches etc. I would like to start using PRTG to monitor alarms and power parameters on all our power equipment which support SNMP. I have already tested some equipment by querying specific OIDs and displaying same on a background image. My question is: Can an icon on an image be clicked to open another image with other elements on it. For example, let's say I start with an image of my country with all sites on it. When a site is clicked, it opens another image like a site layout with the different equipment etc. Thanks

image power prtg

Created on Sep 17, 2020 5:31:11 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

If I understand you correctly, you are using Maps to display your devices. If that is the case, then the only way to do this, is to create multiple maps, and link the objects in your "country" map to the other "site" maps. That way when you click on a image for a specific site, a new map (that is linked to that image) would be opened.

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Sep 18, 2020 12:32:52 PM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Sasa,

Thanks a lot. This is exactly what I would like to do.

Regards,

Created on Sep 19, 2020 5:26:29 AM

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for the confirmation.

Once you have created your maps, you can link them to specific objects in your "Main" map by selecting a map object in the map designer, and on the right side click on "select object". In the new window you can select a object in your device tree or a map that you want to link.

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Sep 21, 2020 10:38:08 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello.

Tested it. Works great.

Thanks for your support.

Created on Sep 21, 2020 4:30:34 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.