What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Status Donuts in Map

Votes:

I want to use a group of devices in my the status donut. When I click on the status icon on the right to see details, it gives me a list of all the devices in our environment. How can I limit it to only the devices in a group?

map-designer maps status-donut

Created on Sep 21, 2020 8:30:31 PM

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi there,

This seems to be a bug. As a workaround, you can add the external link:

YourPRTGWebServer/sensors.htm?id=YourGroupID&filter_status=5

The disadvantage of this workaround is that only this link can be used. So if you click on "Acknowledge" Sensor, only the "Down" will be displayed. However, you can also adjust the API call so that both is displayed:

YourPRTGWebServer/sensors.htm?id=YourGroupID&filter_status=5&filter_status=13

Created on Sep 22, 2020 1:50:51 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks. I will try that. How can I find the Group ID?

Created on Sep 22, 2020 1:54:18 PM

Votes:

The group ID is mentioned in the URL if you click at the certain group in the PRTG Web Interface.

Created on Sep 22, 2020 2:20:18 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks. That did it.

Created on Sep 22, 2020 5:15:36 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.