What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Update path

Votes:

Hi,

We are using PRTG version 18.4.47.1962. We want to update to the latest 20.3.61.1649.

Could you please suggest if a direct update is available or we need to go to some other version first?

regards, Shadid

path prtg update

Created on Sep 23, 2020 4:38:04 AM

5 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Since version 16.1.22 of PRTG, can you update directly to the latest version of PRTG. Please, have a look at this manual for more information: Update from previous version of PRTG

If you have further questions, don't hesitate.

Kind regards.

Created on Sep 23, 2020 6:14:25 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

HI Florian,

Thanks for you reply. I did an update in my test environment but not sure whether the probes automatically got updated or not.

How do I check that probe version is also updated?

regards, Shadid

Created on Sep 28, 2020 6:31:06 AM

Votes:

Hello,

By doing the update of PRTG, the server will automatically push the update to the probes before they can connect again to the server. There is no need to check the version of each probe.

If you really want to do so, you can get the version in the Logs and Infos tab from the PRTG Administration tool, installed with each probe.

Regards.

Created on Sep 28, 2020 12:17:30 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks heaps.

Incase we need to roll back by reverting the server to its previous snapshot, will the probes be downgraded too.

appreciate your suggestion.

regards, Shadid

Created on Sep 29, 2020 1:29:26 AM

Votes:

Hello,

As the previous version is very old, I'm afraid that there is no downgrade possible to it.
If you have any issue with the latest version, please contact us at [email protected].

You can also use the Contact Support menu under Setup to provide us a support bundle at the same time, which will help us to find the issue and solve it.

Regards.

Created on Sep 29, 2020 5:52:43 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 29, 2020 5:53:40 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.