What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Change Report Subject

Votes:

My C level folks want the subject changed on report emails, but there seems to be no way to do this for reports, or for the attachments.

Is there some mechanism that can be used to set the subject (specifically, I need to remove the system tag at the start)

i.e. Currently the subject reads: [PRTG Network Monitor] New report: Tourney Rd Bandwidth Report

… they want just the report title. i.e. Tourney Rd Bandwidth Report

There should be some way to specify subjects on reports, just like with notifications.

Part 2

The PDF attachment names are ridiculously long with the "Created" values including the date ranges of the report.

i.e. PRTG Report 3918 - Tourney Rd Bandwidth Report - Created 2020-09-23 13-11-31 (2020-09-14 00-00 - 2020-09-21 00-00) UTC.pdf

I understand the need to make the name unique, but I need to manually remove the "PTRG Report XXXX", and shorten the name on each of these. They are long enough to create file length errors on some systems. The ability to set the variables on these as well would be very helpful.

custom notifications reports

Created on Sep 23, 2020 8:49:46 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your message.

I'm afraid you're right. There is no integrated way of doing so.

There is however a way of editing a language file to change the default filename, which is however not supported and we do not recommend it:
https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/20093-modify-the-filename-of-pdf-report#reply-59563

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

[email protected]

Created on Sep 24, 2020 1:48:19 PM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 24, 2020 1:48:28 PM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.