What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

MQTT Subscribe Sensor JSON Path

Votes:

How can I find the JSON Path for my Device?

I have a ESP32 + Temperature Sensor which submits to a Mosquitto Instance on a Raspberry. But I'm not able to find the right JSON Path.

I tried getting a JSON response locally on the rasp with "mosquitto_sub -h 127.0.0.1 -t Sensor1/Temperatur -v -F %J" and this was the answer:

{"tst":1600896025,"topic":"Sensor1/Temperatur","qos":0,"retain":0,"payloadlen":4,"payload":23.5}

I tried "$.Sensor1/Temperatur " but this seems to be wrong...

jsonpath mosquitto mqtt prtg

Created on Sep 24, 2020 1:16:58 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Did you also tried to use something like "$.Sensor1/Temperatur.payload". According to our manual, you need to specify a certain matric from which the value should be displayed in the Sensor.

Created on Sep 25, 2020 12:38:13 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.