What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is there any sensor giving the status of a RAID virtual disk on dell poweredge?

Votes:

Unless I am wrong, neither of

• SNMP Dell PowerEdge Physical Disk Sensor
  • SNMP Dell PowerEdge System Health Sensor

are giving the state of a virtual disk (eg. online, rebuilding, degraded, etc.).

I have tried by plugging those sensors on both idrac and server with OMSA installed, but having the RAID status still eludes me.

Is there a sensor that would provide this?

I think the relevant snmp OID is virtualDiskState( 1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10893.1.20.140.1.1.4 ) as described on this page.

Thank you.

dell poweredge raid snmp

Created on Sep 28, 2020 9:56:46 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

PRTG doesn't have native sensor for Dell PowerEdge logical disks however, you can monitor their state with the OID you already have, thanks to custom SNMP sensors.

In PRTG, there is already a lookup file which contains the different state mentioned in the documentation provided by Dell. The file is called prtg.standardlookups.dell.diskstate.ovl. You can find it under "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\lookups".

I invite you to update this lookup file as some states are missing, probably due to update from Dell.

In case you get errors while adding sensors, please check the OID with the SNMP Tester tool. You can find it right here: https://www.paessler.com/tools/snmptester

Kind regards.

Created on Sep 29, 2020 9:42:06 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.