What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Factory Sensor - Average of last 15 minutes

Votes:

Dear all,

is it possible to calculate the average of the last 5 minutes of a value with a Factroy Sensor?

Case:

We get from a JSON File the Temperature from our air condition, in detail from the air blown into the room.

Cause of the technic the AC works this value goes from 14 to 20 every few minutes.

The data is read from the JSON in one Sensor with utiple Channels.

And we extract the one temperatur with a Factory Sensor.

But a value that changes every few minutes from 14 to 20 and back is hard to monitor, I would like to have the average of the last e.g. 5-15 minutes so I can set better thresholds.

average calculation factory-sensor

Created on Oct 2, 2020 12:11:19 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there,

I'm afraid, it is not possible to calculated an average from different scans of one sensors. PRTG only shows the current data here and therefore, the factory sensors also only use the latest scanned results. ​

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team ​

Created on Oct 5, 2020 11:10:18 AM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.