What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Traffic: How to display bytes in kb/s?

Votes:

Things to know about the OID I'd like to change:

1. It describes basically the output of bytes (rx) in bytes e.g. 317286123 2. The modem is not made by a big company 3. There is still a MIB for it

Goal: I want to display this OID in PRTG for this OID in kb/s.

Is it possible to change settings in PRTG itself or do I have to change the MIB or do I have to change it in the MIB Uploader?

Dinge, die man über die OID wissen sollte:

1. Es beschreibt ausgehenden bytes (rx) eben in bytes zB. s.o. 2. Das Modem ist nicht von einem bekannten Hersteller. 3. Es gibt dennoch ein MIB für das Gerät

Ziel: Am Ende sollten in PRTG die ausgehenden Bytes in kb/s zu verfolgen sein können.

Ist es möglich, dass man die Einstellungen in PRTG selbst ändert oder muss man das MIB umschreiben oder muss man die Attribute der OID im MIB Uploader umstellen?

Thank you in advance / Danke im Voraus!

snmp snmp-custom-sensor snmp-traffic snmptrafficsensor

Created on Oct 6, 2020 10:23:25 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Units can either be changed in the channel unit settings within the device settings or in the channel settings of the corresponding channel.

Created on Oct 7, 2020 11:22:06 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

are these two ways the only once I can try or are there more options I can try out?

Created on Nov 3, 2020 8:20:51 AM

Votes:

Yes, I'm afraid these are the only options to change the unit.

Created on Nov 3, 2020 10:38:49 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.