What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Prtg doesn't send email notification

Votes:

Hello, i configured my Prtg server. Test e-mail works correctly. I create a Failed Login sensor like that "Logfile: Security / Event Type: Security Audit Failure / Filter by id: 4625" Scanning: 60sec If a Sensor Qurty Fails: set sensor to warning for 1 interval, then set to down

Notification Trigger. State Trigge When sensor state is Down for at least 10 sec, perform Email and push notification to admin

That's it. If i try to insert wrong password for an RDP session i see the Alarm in web page, Sensor going down but nothing happened, no emails, no notification. I check mail server but there isn't any connection.

What can i do?

emails notifications windows-event-log

Created on Oct 6, 2020 2:27:45 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Depending on how many messages are coming into that sensor, the 10 second threshold might be too small. What happens if you set the threshold to 0 seconds? Does that send too many emails?

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Oct 7, 2020 3:20:55 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.