What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Does the Port Sensor still exist?

Votes:

Hi I'm trying to see if I can monitor a port but I don't see a "Port Sensor" anymore when I try and search it up on the available sensors? Was this renamed?

port prtg sensor

Created on Oct 6, 2020 4:46:17 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

the Port Sensor is still a thing and part of PRTG.

The only thing I could think of is that you have a radio button selected while creating a sensor (for instance within from the "Monitor What?" section).

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Oct 6, 2020 5:36:44 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I don't see "Port Sensor" as a sensor here when I try to add a new one. Is this maybe part of a new update? I even tried searching for it but none, I'm seeing if I can add a port to monitor. What would be the best sensor to use for this other than port sensor?

Created on Oct 6, 2020 6:37:51 PM

Votes:

No, the Port sensor is part of PRTG for a long time. What version of PRTG are you currently using? If you run not the latest version (20.3.62.1379), please update and let me know if the behavior is still the same afterwards.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Oct 7, 2020 3:21:09 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Sebastian,

I have the same issue at this moment. We are running on version PRTG Network Monitor 20.4.63.1427 x64

Created on Apr 29, 2021 10:27:43 AM

Votes:

Hello, the Port sensor is available on your version, you don't see it when creating a new sensor on a device or are you not able to search for existing port sensors? What kind of device is it, do you have any other sensors on this device?

Created on Apr 30, 2021 7:44:42 PM by  Jonathan Mena [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.