What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

What are the considerations for upgrading?

Votes:

I am currently using 19.2.50.2842 version.

Can I upgrade directly from the current version to 20.3.62.1397 version?

There is no internet connection, so I can't use a Auto Update.

I am trying to update manually using a installer.

Should all PRTG Core and probe services be stopped before installing?

Thanks in advance.

auto-update new-version update upgrade version

Created on Oct 11, 2020 2:06:55 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Jonathan,

You can directly update to the latest PRTG version. Please have a look at the following article for further information:
PRTG Manual: Update From Previous Versions.

You can download the latest version of PRTG in our shop using your account or on our website, which will also do the trick assured that you have a valid maintenance license key.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Oct 12, 2020 4:04:58 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Does the installer check a activation during a installation without a Internet connection?

Or is it skipped because the existing activation is valid?

Created on Oct 12, 2020 6:45:37 AM

Votes:

Hello Jonathan,

speaking for fresh PRTG installations, a system that is not able to automatically report its license state due to a missing internet connection needs to be manually activated after the installation. This does not apply to PRTG instances that are already successfully activated. Those does not need to be re-activated after an update.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Oct 13, 2020 3:24:53 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.