What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Implementing SNMP Table via powershell (snmpcustomtable)

Votes:

Hi group

We try to add SNMP Tables to monitor Linux processes. Everything is working when I add it via GUI, but not when I add this sensor via Powersell.

I compare these sensors (GUI vs. Powershell) with

Get-Device -Id 1234|Get-Sensor -Id 2345|Get-ObjectProperty -Raw

But it looks 100% identical, but the sensor where i create via Powershell, give me these error message in the GUI;

Error converting OID (SNMP error # -2007)

Is there any example to create the sensor? Or maybe can anybody give me a hint, what I doing wrong? Or a way to debug?

Would be nice to solve it.

ivo

powershell snmp snmpcustomtable

Created on Oct 11, 2020 7:25:02 PM

Last change on Oct 12, 2020 5:53:35 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Ivo,

Please note that the PrtgAPI from LordMilko is not supported by Paessler. If you want more information about the API, please check this site: https://github.com/lordmilko/PrtgAPI

Kind regards,
Matthias Kupfer - Team Tech Support

Created on Oct 12, 2020 1:38:15 PM by  Matthias Kupfer [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Salü Matthias

I know, as long as it's the only way to manage PRTG for huge environments, we have to use it. Would be nice to have a solution from Paessler where it's supported.

We can use the Rest-API, but then, we have to write a wrapper around as well and are on the same point like LordMiko is.

So, maybe there is someone who can help us, to bring the snmpcustomtable to fly.

gruss ivo

Created on Oct 13, 2020 6:34:47 AM

Votes:

Hi Ivo,

we are working on a new API, where creating sensors will also be supported. At the moment the PrtgAPI is your best bet for this, but we still can not support it.

Kind regards,
Matthias Kupfer - Team Tech Support

Created on Oct 14, 2020 7:05:55 AM by  Matthias Kupfer [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.