What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

API - Find custom sensor parameters

Votes:

Hello,

I'm trying to cleanup my PRTG cores, and trying to find a way to extract a list of all custom sensors with the script name and parameters (I have some scripts with hard coded passwords in sensor settings and I'll appreciate if there is an API call to get them easily).

I have tried this /api/table.json?content=sensors&columns=name,type,scriptparams_ but it doesn't work

Thank You

api custom-sensor parameters

Created on Oct 16, 2020 11:40:25 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Regarding your question, I would recommend you to use the PowerShell module called PRTGAPI. You can find the module right here: https://github.com/lordmilko/PrtgAPI

Here is a command you can use with the module to get a list of EXE sensors with their script and parameters:

Get-Sensor -tag "*exe*" | Get-ObjectProperty | Select-Object Name, exefile, exeparameters

Here is the output for this command (example):

Name                     ExeFile                          ExeParameters
----                     -------                          -------------
Cisco Webex              cisco_webex.ps1                  -ValueLookup cisco.webex.status
Ring Central             Ring_Central.ps1                 -Region EMEA -ValueLookup ringcentral.status
Custom EXE/Script Sensor Demo Batchfile - Returns 200.bat

Kind regards.

Created on Oct 16, 2020 4:20:02 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.