What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Integrating vCenter folderwise

Votes:

We are reworking our PRTG system and want to automatically integrate vCenter VMs but only from a specific vCenter folder.

How do I only search for a folder and not the whole vCenter tree?

Furthermore, is there a way to automatically add new sytems from said folder into a predetermined PRTG group?

auto-discovery prtg vcenter

Created on Oct 22, 2020 10:40:59 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Moritz,

I would kindly ask to take a look here. Does this answer your question?

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Oct 23, 2020 11:28:19 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

No it does not,

we don't need to remove Sensors or Object. We want to add all VMs from a vCenter folder with sensors from a template

Best regards.

Created on Oct 26, 2020 6:57:11 AM

Votes:

Hello Moritz,

I'm afraid it's not possible in the way you want to run it. The only option to integrate them would be to run a scheduled Auto-Discovery with a device template which search for a specific IP-Range, OU or something else. These created devices could be added to a specified group.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Oct 26, 2020 3:41:20 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Last change on Oct 26, 2020 3:42:09 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.