What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

URL query filters

Votes:

Is there a document on available filters and the operators? Below is an example of the URL I'm using to show devices with UP status. How can I filter a device group based on not having the UP status (i.e. filter_status not equal to 3)?

https://server/sensors.htm?id=9999&filter_status=3

filter filter-sensors operator

Created on Oct 22, 2020 9:32:34 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Indeed, there is a "not equal" operator: "@neq(value)".

So, a simplified version of the above query could look like this:

/api/table.xml?content=sensors&columns=objid,downtimesince,device,sensor,lastvalue,status,message,priority&filter_status=@neq(3)&sortby=priority

Kind regards,
Matthias Kupfer - Team Tech Support

Created on Oct 26, 2020 10:21:48 AM by  Matthias Kupfer [Paessler Support]

5 Replies

Votes:

The documentation is either available directly in PRTG at "/api.htm?tabid=3#toc-index-6" or "https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/live_multiple_object_property_status#filtering".

Your exact request is even covered within the documentation:

All sensors that are not up (with their current state and downtime information):
/api/table.xml?content=sensors&columns=objid,downtimesince,device,sensor,lastvalue,status,message,priority &filter_status=5&filter_status=4&filter_status=10&filter_status=13&filter_status=14&sortby=priority

Kind regards,

Created on Oct 23, 2020 9:46:00 AM by  Matthias Kupfer [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks. I was trying to avoid listing the other filter_status values. Is there no NOT operator?

Created on Oct 23, 2020 8:17:22 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Indeed, there is a "not equal" operator: "@neq(value)".

So, a simplified version of the above query could look like this:

/api/table.xml?content=sensors&columns=objid,downtimesince,device,sensor,lastvalue,status,message,priority&filter_status=@neq(3)&sortby=priority

Kind regards,

Created on Oct 26, 2020 10:21:48 AM by  Matthias Kupfer [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Where can I find a list of operators?

Created on Oct 26, 2020 12:48:54 PM

Votes:

These are listed in the API documentation, accessible either in the PRTG webinterface at
/api.htm?tabid=3#toc-index-7 or here

Kind regards,

Created on Oct 27, 2020 10:46:25 AM by  Matthias Kupfer [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.