What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Certificate Check for Splitdns

Votes:

Hi,

i am trying to check my Certificate for a website i also use internal. We got 2 Certificates, one for the internal access and one for the external, which we use for Microsoft webapp proxy.

Did anyone ever do this? With the standard Certificate check it will only check our internal certificate, but i cannot get it to check the external one

Any help or suggestions appreciated best Jenso

split-dns splitdns ssl-certificate

Created on Nov 2, 2020 6:24:12 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Jenso,

please let me know whether you tried to use a SNI for the different certificates?

Created on Nov 2, 2020 9:25:38 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

no, as we use differnet IP's. For the interal access we use a certificate for our internal IP From external its a completely different IP and certificate.

Our PRTG Server only has access to our internal IP

thanks

Created on Nov 2, 2020 1:55:18 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Thank you for the update.

If you want to check the external IP, at least a Probe needs to have access to this IP. For this, you can also install a Probe in a cloud. However, in this case, you need to open TCP port 23560 so that the Probe can connect to the Core server.

Created on Nov 3, 2020 7:26:49 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.