What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Get utilization percentage reports

Votes:

I'd like to get reports on all my 10G interfaces which exceed 50% utilization. As well, I'd like that to send notifications when interfaces exceed 50%. Is this possible with PRTG? And how would I set this up?

bandwidth percentage reports

Created on Nov 3, 2020 4:21:41 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

Thanks for the KB post.

You can't generate a report with criteria of all 10G interfaces that exceed 50% utilization. In the report option, you can only choose the type of sensor.

In order to enable notification for the interface when it exceed 50%, under the channel settings, you need to set the Data to "Display in percent of maximum" and Limits to "Enable alerting based on limits". After that set 50% in the Upper Error Limit.

For more information about channel settings, please check on this link: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/sensor_channels_settings

Thanks.

With kind regards,
Chan Siau Hen
Technical Support Team, Paessler AG

Created on Nov 4, 2020 4:10:08 PM by  Chan Siau Hen [Paessler Technical Support]

Last change on Nov 4, 2020 4:11:16 PM by  Chan Siau Hen [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Unfortunately, when I try to apply a speed notification, even for a single interface/sensor, it does not give me an option to use percentage, only mb, gb etc...

Does this support percentage notification triggers?

Created on Nov 4, 2020 9:36:52 PM

Votes:

Hello there,

No, it's not set under Notification Triggers.

Kindly follow my suggestion. Under the channel settings (click on the cogwheel icon near to the channel), you need to set the Data to "Display in per cent of maximum" and Limits to "Enable alerting based on limits". After that set 50% in the Upper Error Limit.

Now once the interface bandwidth is over 50%, the channel will be in down mode, hence the Notification Trigger for state will work.

Thanks.

With kind regards,
Chan Siau Hen
Technical Support Team, Paessler AG.

Created on Nov 5, 2020 5:06:37 PM by  Chan Siau Hen [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.