What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Hyper-V Host Server sensor problem

Votes:

Hello,

When adding hyper-v host server sensor I get an error "Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Datacenter" does not support BytesPersec (Field). This host have another sensors (CPU, Memory, Diskspace) which work fine. Additionally I have another server with Windows Server 2019 Datacenter on it and haven't same problem like this.

hyper-v-host-server prtg windows-server-datacenter-2019

Created on Nov 4, 2020 12:05:03 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

please let us know which certain Sensors displays this error.

Created on Nov 5, 2020 8:49:09 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have windows servers 2019 datacenter edition running Hyper-V on and add "Hyper-V Host Server" type sensor. On one of them I get this error ("Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Datacenter" does not support BytesPersec (Field)). Remote Registry Windows service started and runs. Also I have 4 another Hyper-V servers, but have not same issue with them.

Created on Nov 5, 2020 11:10:46 AM

Votes:

Thank you for the information.

Please try to change the "Windows Compatibility Options" to "Performance Counters and fallback to WMI" in the settings of the device (in PRTG) and check whether the Sensor works then.

Created on Nov 5, 2020 1:52:37 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

After restarting that server "Hyper-V Host Server" type sensor worked well

Created on Nov 20, 2020 8:21:34 AM

Votes:

Thank you for the update!

Created on Nov 20, 2020 8:53:01 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.