What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Prtg monitor Servers

Votes:

I have installed a PRTG server with a probe for my company, but I can't figure it out. The PRTG does not read my 3 servers and the rest of the 4 does. While they are all networked and members of domain. They are Windows Server machines on Hyper-V and one is physically running.

Who has any idea Can they help me?

Best regards Niloyan Sellathurai

monitor prtg prtg-server

Created on Nov 4, 2020 3:14:05 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

What actual error do you get within those Sensors and what specific Sensors are you using?

Created on Nov 5, 2020 4:42:04 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

If i add my sensor for a windows server he won't take the sensor for it. And he don't find my server as well.

Created on Nov 10, 2020 7:32:50 AM

Votes:

So it's failing upon adding the Sensor already, perhaps with a timeout or something?

Created on Nov 10, 2020 9:55:56 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

No If i add a device (Windows Server) he can't find the server but he's connected on the same network, als the other servers what PRTG find on my network, soo can you help me please to add the device and reach the servers.

Created on Nov 10, 2020 10:04:38 AM

Votes:

Niloyan,

I recommend you open a support ticket via the Contact Support link in the lower right-hand corner of your PRTG web interface. This isn't something we can support directly via the KB.

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Nov 17, 2020 2:25:17 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.