What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Report with alerts within specific hours

Votes:

Hello.

When i arrive to my office every day in the mourning i would like to have a report with all alerts that our company have in the night.

This is because we may have lost connectivity with another site for instance 1h and i would like to now.

Mail send is not a solution because we had a lot of sensors and I don’t want to be notified for all of the alerts.

I am able to generate a report for exemple for the pings, but I only want the negative pings (alerts) within a specific time.

Anyone has this issue?

Thanks

alerts prtg reports

Created on Nov 6, 2020 11:02:24 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

You could configure a corresponding schedule and apply it to the reports. Did you try that already?

Created on Nov 10, 2020 10:13:12 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes. The problem is that all the ping appear in the report. I would like the report with only the pings that i have downtime. Not the green ones.

Created on Nov 10, 2020 11:10:58 AM

Votes:

Ah, that's tricky, as we don't really report on a state. Perhaps you could leverage storing Sensor states in the syslog Sensor and use that for reporting? Or use PRTGapi and leverage the object log (click)?

Created on Nov 10, 2020 3:25:15 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

thanks, that’s a good workaround and i will try to implement it. Maybe we have this feature as native in prt in the future

Created on Nov 10, 2020 4:40:57 PM

Votes:

Probably, but likely only once we have found a viable alternative for the data backend :) Let me know if you need assistance here :)

Created on Nov 11, 2020 7:41:05 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.