What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Threshold notification between two number or define limit warnings that warning are in two numbers

Votes:

Hi All I won't to make threshold notification between two number or define limit warnings that warning are in two numbers (0 to 50 is green, 50 to 60 is red (Down) and 60 to 100 is green) Can are doing this with PRTG?

between notification threshold

Created on Nov 11, 2020 1:09:22 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

I have to tell you that this is not possible with our channel limits. These limits only provide an upper and lower threshold, so the OK-range has to be in between these boundaries. In your case this logic would be reversed, which is not possible. What you can do is to implement this logic in your own custom sensor.

Kind regards,
Matthias Kupfer - Team Tech Support

Created on Nov 12, 2020 8:32:01 AM by  Matthias Kupfer [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Greeting! I am currently using a Custom Sensor (SNMP Custom Sensor). I would ask for your help on how to do the above with the mentioned sensor.

Created on Nov 13, 2020 11:39:06 AM

Votes:

Hello,

Regarding your need, I invite you to create your own custom lookup file by using the Range type. Here is the manual regarding lookups: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/define_lookups

To help you creating your template, here is the prtg.standardlookups.snmpprinter.cartridgelevel lookup (available in PRTG) as an example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <ValueLookup id="prtg.standardlookups.snmpprinter.cartridgelevel" desiredValue="100" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="PaeValueLookup.xsd">
    <Lookups>
       <Range state="Ok" from="16" to="100">
        Ok
      </Range>
      <Range state="Warning" from="6" to="15">
        Low
      </Range>
      <Range state="Error" from="0" to="5">
        Critical
      </Range>
	  <Range state="Ok" from="-1" to="-1">
        No Restriction
      </Range>
      <Range state="None" from="-2" to="-2">
        Unknown
      </Range>
      <Range state="Ok" from="-3" to="-3">
        Not Empty
      </Range>
    </Lookups>
  </ValueLookup>

When you have created your lookup file, please copy it in the following folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\lookups\custom".

Then, in the channel settings you should be able to select your own lookup. If you do not see it in the list, you can reload the lookups by using the button GO! under Setup > System Administration > Administrative Tools > Load Lookups and File Lists (/systemsetup.htm?tabid=7).

Kind regards.

Created on Nov 16, 2020 9:54:03 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Last change on Nov 16, 2020 10:02:07 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.