What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG + NGINX Reverse SSL Proxy

Votes:

Hello there,

I was wondering if someone could help me out in regards to using a custom SSL certificate for my PRTG instance.

I currently run a NGINX Reverse SSL Proxy server on a Linux webserver (xx.xx.xx.10) and my PRTG on a Windows Server 2019 (xx.xx.xx.20). I have a SSL certificate that I use for internal machines and have created a subdomain for PRTG (example domain: paessler.co.uk, PRTG sub domain: prtg.paessler.co.uk) which I am attempt to import/use in PRTG.

I have managed to create a NGINX entry for the subdomain and it works fine without HTTPS enabled for PRTG (both xx.xx.xx.20:8080 and prtg.paessler work) however I am struggling to enable HTTPS and get this working. I used the Certificate Importer tool but still no luck.

Can someone please tell me where I am going wrong?

https nginx ssl-certificate

Created on Nov 17, 2020 5:26:48 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

I think this should be possible, but we did not test this ourselves. From PRTG side, you should check that you can access the https-enabled webinterface internally (without going through the proxy) and verify that the certificate is presented correctly. For the NGINX specific part we can not help and I encourage you to reach out to the NGINX community for help.

Kind regards,
Matthias Kupfer - Team Tech Support

Created on Nov 18, 2020 2:42:19 PM by  Matthias Kupfer [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.