What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

WinCertExpiration.exe cannot find my Certificate

Votes:

Hi, I want to monitor the expiration of the Computer Certificate on our NPS Server. I installed the WinCertExpiration.exe Sensor. When I execute it from the command line with the -l parameter it says: 'No certificates found, make sure the Remote Registry service is running on the target computer and check the given credentials' without the '-l' parameter but with '-t=' and the Thumbprint of my Certificate i get: 'No Certificate found.' I checked the Remote Registry and the User is in the Administrators Group of the Remote Computer.

I created a Sensor and let it log the Sensor Output. In the Log theres always a '?' in front of the Thumbprint, where does this come from? Could this be the Problem? I hope anyone can help me. Thank you in advance.

ThiloVD

certificate-sensor custom-sensor wincertexpiration

Created on Nov 18, 2020 7:59:46 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Here is the command line that works. it's kind of tricky. You need to get the thumbprint of the cert with no spaces. You also need to have a username and password for the sensor.

-h=NAMEOFHOST -t=468e74ffb63b8a490bb98fa51af9bff2c5c08113 -s=My -u=DOMAIN\USERNAME -p=PASSWORD

this is for a cert in the Computer Store. If it's someplace else, you will need to specify that with the -s , look in the readme for the locations. The above command works for our NPS cert for wireless auth.

Created on Jul 17, 2023 1:42:07 PM

Last change on Jul 17, 2023 3:25:11 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

this is not a native PRTG sensor; please contact the creator of that sensor.

Created on Nov 19, 2020 3:21:11 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Here is the command line that works. it's kind of tricky. You need to get the thumbprint of the cert with no spaces. You also need to have a username and password for the sensor.

-h=NAMEOFHOST -t=468e74ffb63b8a490bb98fa51af9bff2c5c08113 -s=My -u=DOMAIN\USERNAME -p=PASSWORD

this is for a cert in the Computer Store. If it's someplace else, you will need to specify that with the -s , look in the readme for the locations. The above command works for our NPS cert for wireless auth.

Created on Jul 17, 2023 1:42:07 PM

Last change on Jul 17, 2023 3:25:11 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.