What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Security of probe-to-server connection

Votes:

Is there somewhere a documentation where I can read about security of remote probe connections. I (or my client) want to know how server can be sure that probe connection is valid (probe id, personalized certificate etc..), is it really SSL protocol which secures probe-to-server connection and last but not least what kind of data there can be moved in pipe which probe opens to server?

probe prtg-probe security

Created on Nov 25, 2020 6:37:03 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

yes, the probe-core connection uses SSL. When a probe tries to connect, PRTG checks if it know the probe by its GID, and if it is known, PRTG checks if the access key is allowed.

About security, including the probe connection, we compiles information here.

Created on Nov 25, 2020 4:28:09 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.