What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor "NetApp physical Disc" not showing spare discs

Votes:

Good morning ;)

we have a problem with the sensor "NetApp physical Disc". We have one disc defined as spare. This spare is not attached to an aggregate.

In the NetApp CLI the disc is visible and Up. NetApp CLI

But in the NetApp sensor this disc will not show up. PRTG Sensor Output

Ist this a bug? And if yes, can you please fix it?

Thanks.

Best regards Matt

https netapp prtg

Created on Nov 30, 2020 7:31:25 AM

Last change on Nov 30, 2020 3:02:53 PM by  Matthias Kupfer [Paessler Support]

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello Matthew,

I have to tell you that this is a known limitation of this sensor. The problem is, that for the spare disks there are no metrics available as for the disks in use. We are currently evaluating how we could include the spare disks, but I can currently not give you a date when this will be available.

Kind regards,
Matthias Kupfer - Team Tech Support

Created on Nov 30, 2020 3:21:20 PM by  Matthias Kupfer [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the info ;)

Created on Dec 1, 2020 7:28:33 AM

Votes:

hello, is there an update on this case? or is there a possible way, to automatically add the disks if their status got changed? in our case we have 100s of disk in the shelfs, and a lot more of spares as Matt described. I cannot manually compare all disks if their status got changed. and i also don't want to add the physical disk sensor anew, because i don't want to loose the historic values. thanks for your help! BR, Bernhard

Created on Sep 7, 2021 11:01:11 AM

Votes:

Hello Bernhard,

With version 21.1.65we improved the NetApp sensors. I'm afraid a fix for the spare disks was not included.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Technical Support

Created on Sep 9, 2021 8:24:13 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

hi felix, unfortunately, there was only some security issues fixed for the netapp sensors. we would appreciate a possibility to add all disks to the monitoring. there are a lot more possible states: Broken, Foreign, Label maintenance, Maintenance, Shared, Spare, Unassigned, Remote, Volume, Unknown, Unsupported. thanks

Created on Sep 9, 2021 8:56:17 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.