What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Error Creating IPMI beta Sensor

Votes:

Hello
I have configured IPMI on my HP server and tested that 623 TCP/UDP port be open between PRTG remote probe and the server's iLO port by capturing the traffic.
But when i want to create the IPMI sensor and after i enter the iLO username and password, i get Timeout (5000 ms) error. Is the IPMI username/password the same iLO username/password? Would you please help me about this issue?

credentials ipmi-sensor ipmi-system-health timeout

Created on Dec 1, 2020 11:19:35 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Please note that you have to explicitly specify the credentials of the IPMI in the sensor settings. Please validate that this is the case.

Created on Dec 1, 2020 2:39:33 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

In the HP Server i don't find any credential for IPMI! In administration section in access settings, i just have the option enable or disable for IPMI. Nothing else!

Created on Dec 2, 2020 7:42:24 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Please check this link where you can find a list of default IMPI credentials from different vendors: https://github.com/netbiosX/Default-Credentials/blob/master/IPMI-Default-Password-List.mdown

Created on Dec 2, 2020 8:33:23 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.