What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

VMWARE DATASTORE (SOAP) SENSOR reporting partially wrong

Votes:

Available Capacity, Free Bytes and Free Space are correct, whoever

Total Provisioned and Uncommitted Bytes are off the charts.

Storage is 8.72 TB with 1.27 TB free space; reported correctly. A single VM is on that volume, provisioned 9.63 TB and 7.45 TB used.

Equals to 110% provisioned but sensor reports >141% also "Uncommitted Bytes" is reported as 4.87 TB but should be 2.18 TB.

This is across all sensors on differend systems.

What am I missing?

datastore prtg soap vmware

Created on Dec 2, 2020 12:49:02 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

We require couple of screenshots and logs to analyze this issue further. Such as the current version of PRTG, ESX version, one of the sensors screenshots etc. Therefore I would suggest, it's best way to handle such an issue via email instead of KB post. Please open the ticket via PRTG and from there we will check on this.

Regards,

Created on Dec 3, 2020 10:18:09 AM by  Himanshu Bhatt [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello there,

Was this ever resolved? We're running into exactly the same issues, like PRTG is querying cached data which I cannot find anywhere in the Vcenter Server.

We're already running troubleshooting with Paessler support but curious if there ever was a fix for this to implement on your end?

Regards,

Created on Apr 4, 2023 2:23:20 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.