What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

sensor report show total not average.

Votes:

i have a sensor that pulls the cost for running my HVAC system, and i generate a monthly report showing the cost for each 24 hour day, however, at the top of the report it shows me the average, is there a way to make it show me the total of of each day added together?

monthly reports xml

Created on Dec 5, 2020 6:18:37 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Unfortunately, the reporting engine doesn't suppor that kind of arithmetics. Is the total cost stored once per day, i.e. do you have one absolute value per day?

Created on Dec 8, 2020 9:37:53 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The absolute value changes on each update based on the runtime and it updates once and hour.

The last update, at around 11:40pm each night contains the final total for that day.

Created on Dec 8, 2020 1:49:40 PM

Votes:

Okay - how far in are you into the smarthome monitoring appliance hole if I may ask? If you have a nodered instance running, you could get those values into that or HomeAssistant as well :)

Created on Dec 8, 2020 4:41:56 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.