What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Comparing SNMP values without SNMP factory

Votes:

Hi,

I'd like to compare 2 SNMP values (OID1 - OID2 --> Down state)

As far as I know SNMP factory allows comparing 2 existing channels. Thse channels would be useless otherwise.

So, how to compare 2 SNMP values without creating these 2 channels (and without a script).

Thank you for your hints. PM.

custom-snmp-sensor sensor-channels snmp-tester

Created on Dec 9, 2020 10:57:55 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello Patrick,

Thank for your message.

I'm afraid that to compare the data returned by two OIDs, you have to use the Sensor Factor sensor. And therefore, you must have the the sensor(s) for those OIDs including their corresponding channels.

Kind regards.

Created on Dec 10, 2020 1:46:21 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for this answer.

So, If the only way to compare 2 OID is to create a sensor with them and then the Sensor Factory , is it possible to hide this very sensor in the main dashboard ?.

PM.

Created on Dec 10, 2020 2:19:32 PM

Votes:

Depending on the OIDs, you could use only one sensor (SNMP Custom Advanced for example) to monitor the OIDs and then use only two sensors with the Sensor Factory sensor.

Regarding the device tree, I'm afraid that it's not possible to hide sensors.

Regards.

Created on Dec 10, 2020 4:03:25 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yep, this is the method I just set up. Thank you.

Created on Dec 10, 2020 4:18:30 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.