What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Local Probe

Votes:

Two questions:

1. Do the sensors on the local probe that can't be deleted (core health, probe health, system health) count against the 100 sensor total in the free edition?

2. Is there any way to somehow hide these sensors so they don't show up on any overviews of devices, etc? I'm not interested in monitoring the status of my local system...

local prtg sensors

Created on Dec 9, 2020 10:11:23 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

PRTG automatically adds a Probe device (internal system device) with several sensors (Core Health, Probe Health and System Health) to each probe you connect to PRTG, including the local probe. These sensors also count for the sensor limit.

They are only located on the probe device, and therefore you do not have them on other devices. However, to avoid seeing these sensors (as well as probe device) in each overviews, simply create a group and move all existing groups and devices (excepted the probe device) inside. Then, when you go to that group, you won't see the probe device anymore.

Kind regards.

Created on Dec 10, 2020 11:37:08 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I feel like you should advertise the free version as allowing "up to 97 sensors" then, as 3 of them are built-in and can't be removed...

Created on Dec 10, 2020 5:13:16 PM

Votes:

I'm afraid that these sensors are necessary to make sure that PRTG is running properly. They are used also when you open a support request, to help us troubleshooting your installation.

Regards.

Created on Dec 11, 2020 7:04:17 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.